These Easy Breezy Blender Black Bean Brownies take just 35 minutes from start to finish. Cleanup is minimal since the recipe is mixed in the blender. I know. I know. I can just hear you saying that beans have no place in brownies. But I’m not kidding when I say this healthier option is faster than a boxed mix and has been deemed just as delicious!
- 1 can black beans
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips (reserved)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9”x9” baking pan.
- Thoroughly drain and rinse black beans and put them in the blender.
- Add oil, eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Blend.
- Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda, flour, and salt. Blend.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top of batter with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
These brownies are cakelike in texture. They’re full of fiber and not at all beanie!