This gluten free/ soy free/ vegan recipe can be made in under a half hour from start to finish.
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 2 cups water for cooking quinoa
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon chipotle seasoning (Much more if you’re like us and like things zippy!)
- ¼ teaspoon adobo seasoning
- Cook your quinoa in the microwave, Instant Pot, or rice cooker. In the microwave, it will take about 15 minutes.
- Dice the peppers and onions and stir them together in a large bowl.
- Add the corn and beans to the peppers and onions.
- Add the juice to your growing mixture of yumminess.
- Add the chipotle and adobo seasonings.
- Add quinoa and stir thoroughly.
Can be served hot or cold. Add it to any salad or serve on a tortilla with some fresh avocado. It’s also great served with pita chips as an appetizer.